The service description applies to all tredition.com users.
- Publication of the authors chosen book type (print-book [=Hardcover or Paperback], eBook)
- Each follow up output format will be published for free (For example: After publication of a Paperback the autor publishes an additional eBook of the same book)
- Publication of all book titles with assigned ISBN (international standard book number). Printed books will have a corresponding bar code
- Obligatory notification of all titles to the German National Library
- Publication of all print-books of minimum 24 to maximum 900 pages book length
- Cursory quality check by review of all books before publication. We do not replace editing or proof reading and cannot be held liable for faults/any flaws.
- Listing and delivery of all titles to book wholesalers and retailers (online, for example Amazon and wholesalers such as Ingram), subject to acceptance. We have no influence over the time period until a title is listed within a reseller’s directory. We have no influence on a guaranteed listing as the book seller is independent and under no obligation to accept a book. It can take up to six weeks until a title is available at a book store.
- Further listing within predominant book directories (e.g. Google Book Search or Amazon Search Inside)
- International distribution
- Print run management: We have the books printed in digital print. The print circulation is managed at our own discretion.
- Print-books packages: as Paperback or Hardcover, with white (50lb./ 75gsm) and crème/ chamois (50lb./ 80gsm) paper, in black and white or full color pages, cover finishing: matt or glossy, 4-colors, paperback-cover 250g-cardboard quality
- Royalties payed to copyright holder
- Data maintenance, data management and data protection
- Control of complete logistic chain (order, distribution, delivery)
- Payment transaction (accounting, debt collection)
- Sale of author copies at a reduced price
- Book Marketing: press release to news channels, introducing the book to social media platforms, voting of “book of the month”, which gives special marketing measures, book store marketing for selected titles.
Operating area, process of publication
1. Book publication process
During the publication of a print-book, the user will be guided through the following book publication processes:
- Type and Design: (Selection of output format, book format, finishing, paper and cover template)
- Cover: Configuration of a custom cover design, specification on cover text and upload of graphic
- Content: Assignment of ISBN, upload of interior as PDF, preview of a sample read and table of contents, short summary, long description, genre and key words
- Royalties: Determination of price including royalties for authors and any additional persons involved, payment details for royalties
- Services: Selection of self-publishing packages and further optional services
- Summary: Author checks all documents and details in the summary, approves that the data is correct and submits the book for publication.
Following submission of the book, the author receives approval to publication and if necessary, further suggestions of corrections or rejection of the book. After approval of publication, the title will be published by us. It can take up to 6 weeks until the title is available in book stores.
2. Price calculator
The author can calculate his/her share results in consideration of the sales price and the sales channel (i.e. book store or direct sales) and the product format (Paperback, Hardcover or eBook).
3. Book Store
We operate our own online-shop where all books published via tredition are on sale. Orders of publication packages and own copies are processed via the shop. All products can be purchased and ordered via the shopping cart where several payment methods are available. For example, PayPal, credit card and Giropay. Transactions via PayPal, credit card or Giropay are made directly via the websites of the payment provider. There are no sensitive details stored on our behalf. Our services provided after payment at all times.
4. My account
Each author has got their own administrative area “My account” in which personal details, messages from the internal messaging service system and own books are managed. Users can create a personal profile which is visible via the book-store. Users can contact each other via the internal messaging system.
In “Royalty account” the author can access an overview on the units sold of his book and evaluation possibilities. The royalty account is updated on a daily basis and shows new sales, as soon as these are transmitted by our distribution partners. The royalties are paid monthly on sold editions, at the end of each month. Remissions are deducted from the author’s royalties. The user has filtering options, at their own time scale, on the sold editions as well as on received payments.